SCHOOL RULES AND REGULATIONS
ALL STUDENTS OF KAUFMAN BEAUTY SCHOOL ARE TO FOLLOW THE
RULES AND REGULATIONS OF THE KENTUCKY STATE BOARD OF HAIRDRESSERS AND
COSMETOLOGISTS AND THE SCHOOL. THESE RULES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED
IN GENERAL AND ON CLINIC FLOOR
- Please take all complaints to the Director. She is
the only one authorized to speak to a student regarding such a situation,
so please, comply with this rule or be subject to suspension. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Students park in the student's parking lot, NEVER
in the street.
- Students clock in or out to enter or leave the building
and DATE TIME CARDS DAILY. Punches must be orderly and legible. Any
corrections must be made by a staff member immediately. Hours not properly
documented this way cannot be accepted. NEVER punch another student's
time card, and write only the date on your time card. If time cards
are not dated your hours will not be recorded.
- Uniforms are required at all times and must be worn
in their entirety until a student clocks out for the day. Uniforms consist
of SOLID BLACK shoes, socks, pants or professional length skirts and
shirts or blouses. NO PRINTING OR PICTURES are permitted. Make-up and
hair must be presentable. Clean Kaufman Beauty School lab coats and
name tags are to be worn at all times. NO SCARVES, HATS, ETC. NO DENIM
CLOTHING WILL BE ALLOWED AT ANY TIME, INCLUDING CASUAL DAYS AND
HALLOWEEN. You will be sent home.
- Personal belongings must be kept in lockers. Coats
must be kept on student's coat rack located in the downstairs classroom.
- Students are not to go behind or sit near the reception
- Equipment must not be left on station. Mannequins
must be put away daily. Any deviation from this rule will result in
confiscation of items not put away.
- Use the sign-out sheet for school equipment used for
services on patrons, students and staff and must be cleaned and returned
immediately after use. Supplies from the back bar or front desk must
be returned immediately after use.
- Students will be financially responsible for any lost
or broken equipment.
- Students are responsible for completing responsibilities
as required for the use of equipment, work stations and other building
areas, INCLUDING but not limited to duties assigned by the duty sergeant.
Duties completed must be checked by the duty sergeant or an instructor
before clocking out or the student will not be permitted to clock in
the following school day until the inspection is completed.
- All laws and sanitation rules of the Kentucky State
Board of Hairdressers and Cosmetologists will be STRICTLY adhered to
at all times. This includes refraining from the professional practice
of cosmetology anywhere outside the confines of this school until legally
licensed by said board.
- Students will conduct themselves in a professional
manner. Courtesy and respect will be expected at all times. No profanity
or disturbances will be tolerated. Conversation shall be limited to
the services being performed on the client and personal or controversial
matters will NEVER be discussed around clients.
- All students and patrons will be addressed by last
- Food and drinks are permitted only in the break room
located upstairs, and are not tolerated on the clinic floor. Lunches
consist of thirty minutes and are granted at the discretion of the supervising
instructor. Students will clock out BEFORE eating and be finished with
lunch before clocking back in. Smoking is permitted in student parking
lot ONLY. Anyone caught littering a neighbor's yard with cigarette butts
will be subject to suspension.
- No visitors are permitted unless having services performed.
Phone calls are limited to three minutes, on your break, using the pay
phone provided on the front clinic wall. (859 269-9944.)
- NO CELL PHONES ARE PERMITTED IN A CLASSROOM OR ON
THE CLINIC FLOOR. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Any student refusing to perform a service on a client
will be subject to suspension.
- No student shall accompany another student to state
- New students, whether transfers, former Kaufman students,
or just beginning his/her cosmetology education MUST PROVIDE a recent
photo of themselves within five business days or will be required to
purchase one from us at a cost of $4.00. In addition, we must have a
copy of your high school diploma or GED and a photo I.D. or driver license
at or before this time. (Should actually be provided by you on orientation
BEING ABSENT, LATE & LEAVING EARLY:
- All students are required to notify the school in
advance of absence or tardiness and must call BEFORE 8:25 a.m. if they
are going to be tardy or absent or be subject to suspension.
- Students wishing to leave early must complete the
leave early form no later than the end of theory class.
- Students will NOT BE EXCUSED from school on FRIDAY,
SATURDAY OR THE DAY BEFORE AND AFTER A HOLIDAY without advance special
permission. One month is recommended. Any student absent on these days
without permission must furnish a written medical excuse or be suspended
on the following day they are present in school.
- Being absent, late and leaving early: Without
medical excuse or advance permission, no student will be excused from
the mandatory attendance rule Kaufman has for Friday's and Saturday's.
This includes leaving halfway through the day and being tardy.
Exceptions will be made for excused sick days with a doctor's note and
1st Offense: 1 day Suspension.
2nd Offense: 3 days Suspension.
3rd Offense: 9 days Suspension.
4th Offense: You may be permanently dismissed from school.
- All students must be in theory class by 8:30 a.m. for
roll call. Clinic area students must report to the front desk immediately
after class. Patrons will not be left waiting while a student takes
a break or has a cigarette.
- Students will not be permitted to clock in until 9:30
a.m. if arriving later than 8:30 a.m. (8:31 is considered tardy.) Since
there is no theory class on Saturday this rule does not apply on that
- All cosmetology students are required to complete
450 clock hours of theory class in order to be board tested as required
by the Kentucky State Board of Hairdressers and Cosmetologists.
- No student will be admitted to theory class without
a book and the proper supplies needed in class.
- No student is permitted to theory class late on test
- NO CELL PHONES OR FOOD are allowed in the classroom.
- Students will complete assignments and classroom homework
or be subject to suspension.
- Students are not to leave class without permission.
THE CLINIC FLOOR IS CLASS.
AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST ARE SERVICES STUDENTS PERFORM
ON EACH OTHER:
Students enjoy looking beautiful and they should. That
is why we allow our students to perform and receive all services offered
to the public at little or no cost. We are in the beauty business and
should look the part. When getting or giving a service as a student or
for a student there are rules and guidelines you are required to follow
in order to ensure that this privilege continues:
- The supervising instructor gives permission at her
- All assignments must be completed and signed off on
by the instructors and then by the director.
- All rules regarding the use of equipment and products
must be adhered to.
Student clinic services may only be done on Tuesday and Wednesday.
Thursday services not involving chemicals (when approved only) may be
- CLIENTS COME FIRST. You may not refuse a client to
get or give student services.
I AGREE TO ABIDE BY ALL RULES OF KAUFMAN BEAUTY SCHOOL.
| School Representative